Wednesday 1 July 2009

the 1st day of july!!

So yesterday's catch-up blog stopped on June 23rd. I am going to finish getting you up to speed REAL QUICK ..

Thursday, June 25th - A whole ton of the University of Dreams people got together and organized a "Pub Golf" game. Which entails 9 holes (or 9 bars) and you have 20 minutes in each bar and within those 20 minutes you must drink your drink & count how many drinks it takes you to finish your drink because there is a PAR at each hole/bar. We had three people per team ..& only one team member had to drink at each bar so everyone wasn't chugging drinks every 20 minutes. We had an absolute blast! There is even talk about us doing another towards the end of our summer in London.

----> This is my team ..Amanda, Me, & Kelly ..we called ourselves - TEAM BA (bad ass) hahaha. yes clever we know!!


Friday, June 26th - STONEHENGE & BATH. Stonehenge was exactly what it looks & seems like in pictures ..a bunch of rocks standing up w/ a couple laying across the top. Yes, it was cool. And yes, I am glad I got to see them and can say i've seen them. BUT ..not my favorite. The city of Bath on the other hand was AMAZING. Everything had me in complete awe. What an absolutely gorgeous city! When we got there we were beyond starving, so we stopped at pub for lunch. Followed by some shopping/sightseeing (including a trip to the local fudge factory YUM)..we even had our 1st afternoon TEA while in the UK :) ..Then we got to tour the roman baths. So incredible. EVERYTHING ABOUT BATH IS AMAZING. Another "must-see"

----> All of us girls in front of "the rocks" ..Stonehenge :)


----> ME at the Roman Baths!



Saturday, June 27th
- We went for our 1st official fish 'n chips at a pub called "Hung, Drawn, & Quartered". Pleasant? Yes. It was right by the Tower of London if that makes it more acceptable. Hahaha. Then we took our tour of the famous Tower of London (which is not a tower at all.. I would call it the Castle of London, but supposedly when built it had the tallest tower around). Anywho, the tour was fun. So much history in that place ..most of the history consisted of someone dying. But we got to see the CROWN JEWELS. Oh MY gOSh! Words cannot describe the SIZE & AMOUNT of diamonds we saw that day. And we couldn't take PICTURES, grrrr. We got to see all the crowns, including the one that the current queen wears. And all of the "coronation" diamonds. Just amazing! Oh and then we went to the London Eye. We bought tickets for 12 pounds cheaper than they were at the ticket booth by some random girls that didn't have time to go anymore. THEN I GOT "SICK" ..yes sick sick!! & everyone else being the nice friends they are decided not to get on the eye that day & wait til I was feeling better. I still don't know what was wrong w/ me? Amanda speculates it was dehydration. I blame the spanish tapas the night before, ick.

---> Us w/ one of the "Beefeaters" ..hahahahaha thats what the guards are called @ the Tower of London!


Sunday, June 28th - HAPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY DAD <3 ..Since we had such a long, eventful couple of days we spent Sunday shopping at Portobello Market in Notting Hill. Although I didnt buy anything, such a cute area! AND I took my Uncle Craig's advice and tried a crepe w/ nutella. It was delicious but suppppppper rich.

----> Making my crepe :)



AHHHHH We're caught up. Monday, June 29th & Yesterday (Tuesday, June 30th) spent WORKING. lovely. No it really isn't that bad. Yesterday, I got to write up something that is now posted on my company's website. woot woot. It's the little things in life, right?! And today, I get to another posting. I really love my coworkers. They are a blast, but alot of them have the day off today. boo! Last night was Kelly Stevenson's birthday (we went to high school together) ..and so I met Amanda & Kelly out for dinner in Picadilly Circus after work. DELICIOUS. Then we headed to the "pubs". We ended up going to this sports BAR, so totally American. Hahaha. They had a beer pong tournament starting at 11:30 PM (we didn't participate). But alot of the people in our program met up with us and we ended up having a BLAST. But I must get ready and head to WORK. (Tonight the girls & I are headed to Abbey Road. To reenact the Beatles cover! ..It will be around 8:00 PM our time & 2:00 PM IOWA TIME, so if you are on a computer around that time get on this website ----> http://www.abbeyroad.co.uk/visit/ ..it is a LIVE video of the crossing in front of Abbey Road. LOOK FOR ME :)

No comments:

Post a Comment