Saturday 18 July 2009

last weekend in London.

I cannot believe how quickly my summer is going by. I knew it was going to go by fast, but not this fast. PLEASE SLOW DOWN. This weekend is my LAST WEEKEND IN LONDON. Next weekend (July 24th-26th) I will be venturing to Paris. And the following weekend (July 30th - Aug 2nd) I will be in DUBLIN. Then to Iowa on Saturday, Aug 8th. WOW.

Most of our friends from the program went traveling this weekend, but Kelly, Amanda, and I decided to stay in London ..go on our tour of Parliament, finally get on the London Eye, and do any other little things we have not yet gotten to. Our tour of Parliament on Friday was ..okay, I mean it was really cool to actually walk through such an important/historical building, but the tour was a little lacking. We walked the path the Queen takes when she opens parliament ONCE A YEAR. (ONCE A YEAR). exciting. hahaha. We couldn't take any pictures on the tour. But I did get ONE in the main hall while waiting for our tour guide.

-----> Kelly, Amanda, & I in our DREAMER t-shirts :)


Following our Parliament tour, we headed straight for the London Eye. They were sure to ask me a couple times, "Chelsea, do you feel okay?" hahaha. I successfully did NOT get sick this time. And we did make it on the eye. After being asked numerous times what we were dreaming about (our t-shirts).

----> The city I live in!!


-----> Supporting our stylish University of Dreams t-shirts :)


-----> Having WAY too much fun w/ the guy in the car in front of us!


We then decided that for dinner it would be fun to venture to Chinatown London. So we did. Delicious food, but I felt bad for the ducks in the window.

-----> eyeballs, beaks still VERY intact. I ate chicken!


Today we went shopping at various markets throughout London, including the two Covent Garden markets and Camden market. They had a Build-A-Bear in Covent Garden. I went in and found the CUTEST "Chelsea Futbol Club" soccer outfit ..jersey, shorts, socks, & soccer cleats. So I bought it for my build-a-bear/monkey that is back at home, but definitely NOT forgotten :) I also purchased alot of other Chelsea Futbol stuff.. it seriously entertains me. (FUNNY - Jeff is a big soccer fan and he does in fact like Chelsea soccer, sooo I found this sign that says "Chelsea Fan Sleeps Here". hahahahahhaha, funny?! A little. I got it for him! & Jeff, you better hang it up!).

-----> Boobear's (my build-a-bear) new Chelsea Futbol outfit :)


-----> HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA <3


Back to my "itchy/scratchiness" ..I went to the doctor and she told me I have hives from some allergic trigger, but that she doesn't know what caused it. She prescribed me medicine, filled it at the pharmacy, looked it up online when I got home ..said "Referred to as Zyrtec in the United States". I have been taking the medicine for 4 days now and I am yet to see an improvement in the bumps or the itchiness. If they aren't better in two weeks, she wants me to make another appointment to get allergy tests done. Lets hope they get better! The doctor suggested I was allergic to London, hilarious right?

-----> my hives. my arm. this is really minor compared to my legs.

1 comment:

  1. You look like you are having a great time (minus the itchy, scratchy part). Hope it gets better!
    Faith

    ReplyDelete