Thursday 2 July 2009

love thursdays. LAST DAY OF THE WORK WEEK :)

I love Thursdays! (I love every day here, but Thursdays mean the weekend is upon us). SO before I tell you about my jam packed weekend ahead ..I'll tell you about my day! (lucky you)..

This morning we all met at in our usual lecture hall on the University of Central London's campus for our FAVORITE activity, british life class. hahahaha. Actually I can speak for almost ALL of us when I say we dread it coming every week. Because we are American students traveling here on a visa, we are required to work 25 hours a week and have 15 hours of british life. SOO every Tuesday we have a tour of something/somewhere in London and every Thursday we have british life class. This morning our lecturer was a MP in the House of Commons (Parliament). It was pretty interesting, even though I have not yet had my tour of Parliament and I know NOTHING about the british government but nonetheless interesting.

Then I went to work from 12-6. But today something exciting happened, kind of. Yesterday I wrote a press release for my manager. His request was that it was titled "Promotional Staff Central London" and had those 'key' words within the press release as much as it would make sense (the whole point was so Google would "cached" the words so when someone searches for the phrase our company will come up on the first page). Well today we tested our google search and to his complete AMAZEMENT, we were the SECOND company listed. He was jumping up & down, yelling "UNBELIEVABLE". Then he proceeded to tell me "I pay companies SO MUCH MONEY to get me on the 1st page of Google searches and you did it for me FOR FREE". I'm like SAY FREE ONCE MORE & i'll CHARGE YOU. hahaha. No, it was honestly awesome. I loved how excited he was over my work! I was pretty excited myself. (the link to my article is .. http://www.staffwarehouse.biz/ap/promotional-staff-central-london/ ) So today he had me write another press release, titled "Brand Ambassadors". We're still waiting to see if that one gets "cached", but the link is .. http://www.staffwarehouse.biz/ap/brand-ambassadors/ . Kind of exciting, right?! :) I made another small achievement today. So over the past 3 weeks I have begun to pick up and make sense of words the British use, like rubbish is garbage, soft drink is pop/soda, etc ..well they tend to say "cheers" in place of "thanks". So today I was on the phone calling a list of people helping the StaffWarehouse side of our company staff an event next weekend. AND I USED THE WORD CHEERS. Yes, minor accomplishment to those of you in the States but I did a dance, I was so proud. Yesterday one of my coworkers, Kevin (my absolute favorite) ..him & I spent the majority of the day going over American vs. British words. Who needs British life class, I learn it all at work!! Check out my company's website (all I have is the UK link, but I know you can get to it by Google search). Google - Blazinstar Experiential .

Also - I did not take any pictures today. Obviously it was a day of lectures & work. But I have kind of decided I cannot post a blog without a picture. So I ran to the 24/7 Beer & Wine about an hour ago (in the US it would be a convenient store) and I bought some beers ..Amanda, Kelly & I are just going to stay in & hang out tonight. But I thought my beer selection was somewhat entertaining so I took a picture ..

---> Stella Artois (5.2%). Carling (4%). Fosters (4%). Carlsberg (3.8%)
dear america, catch up w/ the alcohol content. thanks!!



----> I just got off skype w/ my parents. & this is a picture from that (it might not be the BEST quality) ..but this is my MOMMA T & my little baby MEEKO :)



& real quick ..tomorrow (Friday, July 3rd) - The morning will be spent at the famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. (about 10 AM to 1 PM). Then we are headed to Shakespeare's "As You Like It" at the Shakespeare's Globe (where we have STANDING ROOM tickets, all 2 1/2 hrs WOOT WOOT). We will then spend the night out on the town celebrating Kelly & Gillian's birthdays, that were actually on Monday & Tuesday night. Saturday, July 4th (INDEPENDENCE DAY, not here haha) ..I am taking myself on a Beatles tour (you'll see when I upload pictures) and SATURDAY NIGHT ....ahhhhhh...our dinner & dance cruise on the Thames River. I am SOO EXCITED.

I'll keep you updated :)

To my family in Iowa - LOVE YOU ALL. Have fun @ the Cahill Family reunion. Wish I was there or better ..all of you were here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment